#155: Debunking Common Myths About Nutrition for Female Entrepreneurs
As entrepreneurs, sometimes we are so focused on planning the business and what comes next, we neglect to do the same process to our own nutrition and health. We feel that having to eat can be put aside sometimes because we just need to finish one more email and hours later remember that we're hungry.
That's why today's guest, Heather McConochie is going to debunk the top 4 myths about nutrition that we as women over 40 years old commonly hear and how we can get started to build up our muscle and keep up our metabolic rates by eating the right amount of protein everyday.
Heather is a Registered Nurse turned Nutritionist. She helps successful women lose fat with sustainable nutrition without fad diets or forbidden foods. After working as a nurse for 6 years and dealing with her own weight loss struggles, she was sick and tired of not seeing results. She hired a coach, studied & received her nutrition certification, and saw incredible changes to her body, energy and mood. She started coaching others in May 2017 and has helped hundreds of women via her coaching programs, digital courses, and podcast. She lives in Austin, Texas, and works with clients across the United States.
This episode covers the difference between intermittent fasting and restricted eating times, while also giving us insights into how we can eat well as busy entrepreneurs and why mindset is everything.
This episode is jam-packed full of great ideas, so let's get to it!
Learn The Science Behind the Myths....
- [05:30] How Heather started her journey from registered nurse to entrepreneur
- [08:51] 4 common myths that we hear & how Heather debunks them
- [14:41] Why protein is so important for women
- [17:30] How to eat well as a busy entrepreneur - the importance of planning!
- [22:01] What does it mean to fast and should we be doing it?
- [25:10] Mindset is everything and why you need to focus on your journey & not others'
Important Links & Mentions in this episode:
- Heather's Instagram
- Heather's Website
- Power of One Framework Masterclass
- Subscribe + Review on iTunes
- Subscribe + Listen on Spotify
Remember, YOU Matter! See you in the next episode.